A home energy audit is the first step in making your home more efficient. It will help pinpoint areas of energy loss in your home and tell you what you can do to improve efficiency, lower your monthly power bills, live greener - and more comfortably.
But audits alone don't save energy. You need to implement the recommended improvements. That's why Efficient Home offers comprehensive contractor services, too. We'll tell you what's making your home less efficient, unhealthy and expensive - and fix what's wrong, too.
Home Efficiency Review:
- A detailed interview to understand existing problems and concerns, and future plans.
- Visual home inspection, required for our whole house approach to improved efficiency.
- On-site data collection and analysis for customized improvement plan.
- A menu of potential improvements, called
an Energy Efficiency Action Plan.
Air Infiltration Testing:
- A blower door test measures air leakage from the home, using the latest diagnostic equipment and computer analysis software.
- Identifying areas where conditioned (heated or cooled) air is leaving the home is one of the simplest ways to improve your home's efficiency.
Infrared Building Envelope Testing:
- A non-invasive "peek behind the walls" at
air leakage, insulation effectiveness and moisture issues.
- A special camera shows temperature differences that reveal specific areas needing corrective action.
- Particularly effective when a house is undergoing air infiltration testing.
Combustion Appliance Safety Testing
- Combustion analyzers and CO testers assure appliances are burning fuel efficiently, and are safely transmitting CO gases from the home.
- For customers with combustion fired heating and water heating equipment.
Total Home Analysis:
- Our most comprehensive service, bundling all our services except for Combustion Appliance Safety Testing to give you a complete look at you home's efficiency, safety, health and green quality.
Efficient Home will not only
tell you what's wrong
with the home,
we'll also fix it for you.